This week’s Disability Tips addresses the taxability of Social Security disability benefits, both for federal and state taxes. Listen in for a list of states which may impose an income tax on your Social Security disability benefits. Also, find out how disability impacts the Earned Income Tax Credit and the exceptions for disabled children.
Disability Tips also looks at Social Security roll-back of the “secret administrative law judge” program. Hear why the program was bad for disabled Social Security applicants, the lawyers who represent them and even the judges who hear cases.
- Are your Social Security disability benefits taxable? - http://bit.ly/dt-ssatax
- IRS addresses taxability of SSI benefits - http://bit.ly/dt-irs
- Which states tax Social Security disability benefits - http://bit.ly/dt-statetax
- Disability and Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC) - http://bit.ly/dt-irseitc
- EITC age limit for qualifying child - http://bit.ly/dt-eitc-age
- Tax help for the disabled - http://bit.ly/dt-irshelp
You can also leave comments and suggestions for show topics at the Disability Tips voicemail: (719) 357-7099.
Thanks for listening and if you like Disability Tips, consider subscribing and giving us a rating on iTunes.=========================================================
Disclaimer: This is NOT legal advice. This site provides general information about Social Security disability cases in Colorado. To discuss your particular circumstances, please contact a lawyer in your area. Please review the full disclaimer .