Before you put yourself through the drudgery of going down to your local Social Security office, check the Social Security website to see if you can take care of your problem without going in.
There are a lot of things you can take care of online.
Did you know you can do all of the following at the Social Security website?
- Apply for retirement benefits.
- Apply for disability benefits.
- Check your application status.
- Appeal a recent decision / denial.
- Find out what benefits you can apply for.
- Find out if you can get extra help with your Medicare prescription drug costs.
- Estimate your future retirement benefits.
- Find your full retirement age.
- Estimate your disability and survivors benefits.
- Request a Social Security Statement.
- Change your address or telephone number.
- Get a replacement Medicare card.
- Request a Proof of Income letter to verify Social Security benefit information.
Disclaimer: This is NOT legal advice. This site provides general information about Social Security disability cases in Colorado. To discuss your particular circumstances, please contact a lawyer in your area. Please review the full disclaimer .